General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Totally Baffled by Theft

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 03:56 AM
Default Totally Baffled by Theft

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any idea how this could have happened.

I have/had a Mini Cooper 2007. It was parked outside a block of flats in a private parking space owned by a friend who i was visiting in another city. when i went to use it in the morning it was gone and it was literally 50 yards further up crashed into a wall. the handbrake was still on and the doors locked.

i presumed someone had broken into it. The car has now been written off and the insurance people are saying that someone must have had a key. I find this totally baffling because I have both keys. I was only visiting a friend so nobody even knows me in this city. My keys are the round ones that you slot into the keyhole by the steering, not a press start one.

Insurance people say that there is nothing wrong with the steering lock or no sign of break in. they say the only way they could have got in is with a key. I parked the car at about 5pm on the friday and i went to use it at around 10 am on the saturday morning.

Baffled so anything anyone knows about Mini's would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards
Dawn

i just can't work out what happened and it is driving me mad. Nobody seems to know?

Last edited by Dawn Towell; 01-03-2018 at 04:06 AM.