General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Default wiring diagram

Short of paying $125 for a service manual for a 2003 Mini-Cooper, does anyone have or know where to get wiring schematics? (I bought the car February 2007).
Currently the mini is at the dealer (since Tuesday, Apr 8). They repaired several minor problems, but what seems to be proving a 'bigger than I thought', the door-lock chirper seems to be an enigma.
So, if anyone has any input besides obtaining schematics, here is the problem:

Keep this in mind: I had a passive alarm installed in the car around Sept 2007. It is something like a motion detector.
Like other cars, it has a remote on the key to lock/unlock the doors. When I lock the car, the lights flash and it locks, but I never got any sound. About a month ago or so, I got a feeble chirp a couple of times. When the car had accumalated enuf minor defects I brought it in.
I was told that it was something in the alarm module and they ordered one in. Then another because they thought the new unit was defective. I am told the chirper still isn't working. Not only that, they said that the alarm did not sound. Now, get the logic here if I can express it adequately (and this is why I want schematics) IS the key-remote locking chirper the same circuit as used by the passive alarm? If this is the case, I don't think they ever field tested the passive alarm unit when they installed it, because the key-remote lock chirper has never worked, save for the two little peeps I got. Which means I have had an alarm system which I paid good money for that was, essentially, useless.
Now, if the two systems are separate, but use the sounding device (chirper) in common, I can see where the alarm would work but the key-remote wouldn't. If they are on the same circuit, someone didn't do their job.
Either way, can someone answer that question about whether or not these are on the same exact circuit path?