Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

WTF Emblem coming off again :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Angry WTF Emblem coming off again :(

I have a 2005 Mini Cooper S. bad a$$ car. I've been having problems for
the last 2 yrs with the emblem peeling off from 1 corner. Mini cooper has
already replaced the whole steering wheel once and replace the air bag because they cant just replace the emblem. So again the freekin emblem is coming off again. The dealer told me take a hike no more replacements even though its under warranty. i had to Better Business Bureu this guys at the dealer now we are going to arbitration because they do not want to warranty it. Has anyone else have this problem with the emblem? I've even seen the emblem lifted up on 1 corner of new Mini's ? Thanks for the help guys/gals.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM

Bump someone pls respond ?

Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

It was a common problem normally caused by hitting the center to honk the horn ... the center is actually denting in causing te emblem to pop off/bend upward ... most dealers were replacing the bag wheel assembly one time and tell you not to hit the center and use the outer ring

Old 08-15-2009, 08:36 PM

I've seen lots of people complaining about this defect over the years. I'm surprised this problem has not been fixed yet. Is it because not enough people have complained to Mini?
I've been searching for decals, emblems or anything that covers my dented centerpiece, but to no avail.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Default Emblem coming off again

Hi There,

Interested to read about your problem as i to am going through the same issue with Mini. i had 2 replaced under warranty and then, when it went again, they said that i had damaged it. i threatened to take them to small claims court and they said ok!! i then couldn’t be bothered to fight and got it replaced again, but this time i paid for it. low and behold 2 weeks after getting the 3rd one, it has started to peel away in the top right corner. there is obviously a major defect but Mini are denying any knowledge of a manufacturing fault. Did you resolve your problem?

Originally Posted by Oscarr
I have a 2005 Mini Cooper S. bad a$$ car. I've been having problems for
the last 2 yrs with the emblem peeling off from 1 corner. Mini cooper has
already replaced the whole steering wheel once and replace the air bag because they cant just replace the emblem. So again the freekin emblem is coming off again. The dealer told me take a hike no more replacements even though its under warranty. i had to Better Business Bureu this guys at the dealer now we are going to arbitration because they do not want to warranty it. Has anyone else have this problem with the emblem? I've even seen the emblem lifted up on 1 corner of new Mini's ? Thanks for the help guys/gals.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Almost all the trouble is driver related , trying to honk the horn by pushing on the crown ...instead of the side

Old 12-05-2009, 04:27 PM
JCC

Mine is doing the same thing. I got it used and didn't notice that until after I had already bought the car. The right hand side is kind of sticking up and the middle of the emblem is dented where it looks like someone punched it. I'm trying not to let it bother me.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:07 AM

I've found a domed decal at Aesthetic Creations that goes over the existing emblem.
The problem is that my old emblem needs to be removed because it is far too damaged for the sticker to go on smoothly.
Has anybody successfully removed the old emblem?

Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 PM

someone from another forum has removed the emblem with needle nose pliers and put the sticker in its place. I have done the same, but make sure you take out as much of the tabs that held the metal emblem in place. I flattened the tabs that was still sticking out from the steering wheel. I then used alcohol to clean the center of the airbag before sticking on the new emblem. I think it looks pretty good!

Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ldrop
someone from another forum has removed the emblem with needle nose pliers and put the sticker in its place. I have done the same, but make sure you take out as much of the tabs that held the metal emblem in place. I flattened the tabs that was still sticking out from the steering wheel. I then used alcohol to clean the center of the airbag before sticking on the new emblem. I think it looks pretty good!
Any pics??

Quick Reply: WTF Emblem coming off again :(