07 mini base model - Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Old 08-03-2017, 08:41 PM

Default 07 mini base model

I have an 07 mini which is acting strange. I don't know what's wrong w/ it/ It will stall out, for example, today I closed the sunroof and it stalled when I stopped at a light. the sunroof only works part of the time and this time it operated fine but the car stalled. When it stalls the battery has to be jumped and sometimes when I take the cables off it stalls and has to be jump started again. The codes are crazy. They said I needed a timing chain, put one in and did not solve the problem.There are many codes showing up. Another example is when the a/c is on the car will not go. step on the gas and it dies out. When it's running it has no power. can not figure it out. can anyone help me out. I don't want to junk it but might have to.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:58 PM

From your description I would go to a parts store and have them check your alternator first.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:17 PM

Question Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFasterMo View Post
From your description I would go to a parts store and have them check your alternator first.
Had the alternator checked and said it was good. But I did have a new one put in not to long ago by a back woods mechanic who put a $ 110 after market one in but it didn't check out as being bad though that might be the problem but it is a big job to do if that's not the problem. Do u suggest I have it done?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:05 AM

If they say it's good I wouldn't change it.

Are there any dash lights coming on?
Has a scan tool been used to see if error codes are stored?

The first step is to find out why your battery is draining.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:38 PM

Default 07 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFasterMo View Post
If they say it's good I wouldn't change it.

Are there any dash lights coming on?
Has a scan tool been used to see if error codes are stored?

The first step is to find out why your battery is draining.
The engine light is on and the steering lock light is on {again}. Last time the steering lock light came on the car wouldn't start, even w/ a jump. It cost $500 too get fixed. There are many codes on, for ex. the timing code is on so I put a new timing chain in and the code is still on.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:55 PM

You have so many things going on, I would say you need to find a Mini dealer or good shop.
Have them diagnose the problems (sounds like more than one) and get an estimate for all repairs. (cross your fingers)

Sorry I'm not more help, but you've exceeded my pay grade.
Maybe someone else will jump in with some answers.