Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   2007 cooper s convertible with 163hp?? (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/2007-cooper-s-convertible-163hp-8414/)

Joniostis 08-10-2015 07:36 AM

2007 cooper s convertible with 163hp??

Dear fellow cooper-owners

A few days ago i bought my first ever mini. A 2007 cooper s convertible featuring the sidewalk package. Now looking at the engine specs it's advertised at 163hp. After some research I discovered they stopped producing the 163hp engine somewhere in 2004?? And replaced it with a 170hp variant. How is it possible that my 2007 built model is featuring the 163hp engine? I haven't driven the car yet, it's being delivered thursday!!

Thanks in advance :)

Joni

PelicanParts.com 08-10-2015 04:12 PM

Welcome, Joni! Congratulations on your purchase. Post some pictures when you can. :)

Joniostis 08-10-2015 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com (Post 20250)
Welcome, Joni! Congratulations on your purchase. Post some pictures when you can. :)

Thanks :D I will as soon as the car is delivered! Would you happen to know the answer to my question?

Thanks and have a good day :)

Joni

PelicanParts.com 08-10-2015 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Joniostis (Post 20251)
Thanks :D I will as soon as the car is delivered! Would you happen to know the answer to my question?

Thanks and have a good day :)

Joni

You're welcome! I'm not too sure honestly for your instance. We do have a pretty good article here that explains the motors in the different model MINI's. There's some more information about the Prince Engines on Wikipedia here. Not sure if these will help answer your particular question, but they do provide some good information about MINI's and their history.

Joniostis 08-10-2015 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com (Post 20253)
You're welcome! I'm not too sure honestly for your instance. We do have a pretty good article here that explains the motors in the different model MINI's. There's some more information about the Prince Engines on Wikipedia here. Not sure if these will help answer your particular question, but they do provide some good information about MINI's and their history.

Thanks, looks like there's a lot to learn about these engines!!

Joni

PelicanParts.com 08-10-2015 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Joniostis (Post 20254)
Thanks, looks like there's a lot to learn about these engines!!

Joni

Yes, there is most certainly a lot to learn about these vehicles. :) If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to assist you. Cheers!

Joniostis 08-18-2015 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com (Post 20255)
Yes, there is most certainly a lot to learn about these vehicles. :) If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to assist you. Cheers!

5 days in and i'm in absolute love with the car. Everytime I get out I take a quick look at it before leaving it at the parking spot. It's hard to believe hpw good this car looks, drives and also sounds :D that supercharger makes a beautiful whining noise in combination with that powerful exhaust note. And it's damn fast too. I'm just completely sold, best buy ever. Have already done 400+ km's by now and haven't had a single issue. I'll post some pictures from the moment I can :)

Cheers

Joni

PelicanParts.com 08-18-2015 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Joniostis (Post 20300)
5 days in and i'm in absolute love with the car. Everytime I get out I take a quick look at it before leaving it at the parking spot. It's hard to believe hpw good this car looks, drives and also sounds :D that supercharger makes a beautiful whining noise in combination with that powerful exhaust note. And it's damn fast too. I'm just completely sold, best buy ever. Have already done 400+ km's by now and haven't had a single issue. I'll post some pictures from the moment I can :)

Cheers

Joni

This is great to hear, Joni! Glad you're really enjoying the MINI. Yes, post some snaps when you can.