New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 cooper s convertible with 163hp??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Default 2007 cooper s convertible with 163hp??

Dear fellow cooper-owners

A few days ago i bought my first ever mini. A 2007 cooper s convertible featuring the sidewalk package. Now looking at the engine specs it's advertised at 163hp. After some research I discovered they stopped producing the 163hp engine somewhere in 2004?? And replaced it with a 170hp variant. How is it possible that my 2007 built model is featuring the 163hp engine? I haven't driven the car yet, it's being delivered thursday!!

Thanks in advance

Joni

Old 08-10-2015, 04:12 PM

Welcome, Joni! Congratulations on your purchase. Post some pictures when you can.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome, Joni! Congratulations on your purchase. Post some pictures when you can.
Thanks I will as soon as the car is delivered! Would you happen to know the answer to my question?

Thanks and have a good day

Joni

Old 08-10-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Joniostis
Thanks I will as soon as the car is delivered! Would you happen to know the answer to my question?

Thanks and have a good day

Joni
You're welcome! I'm not too sure honestly for your instance. We do have a pretty good article here that explains the motors in the different model MINI's. There's some more information about the Prince Engines on Wikipedia here. Not sure if these will help answer your particular question, but they do provide some good information about MINI's and their history.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:57 PM

You're welcome! I'm not too sure honestly for your instance. We do have a pretty good article here that explains the motors in the different model MINI's. There's some more information about the Prince Engines on Wikipedia here. Not sure if these will help answer your particular question, but they do provide some good information about MINI's and their history.
Thanks, looks like there's a lot to learn about these engines!!

Joni

Old 08-10-2015, 06:05 PM

Thanks, looks like there's a lot to learn about these engines!!

Joni
Yes, there is most certainly a lot to learn about these vehicles. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to assist you. Cheers!

Old 08-18-2015, 03:29 AM

Yes, there is most certainly a lot to learn about these vehicles. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to assist you. Cheers!
5 days in and i'm in absolute love with the car. Everytime I get out I take a quick look at it before leaving it at the parking spot. It's hard to believe hpw good this car looks, drives and also sounds that supercharger makes a beautiful whining noise in combination with that powerful exhaust note. And it's damn fast too. I'm just completely sold, best buy ever. Have already done 400+ km's by now and haven't had a single issue. I'll post some pictures from the moment I can

Cheers

Joni

Old 08-18-2015, 06:28 PM

5 days in and i'm in absolute love with the car. Everytime I get out I take a quick look at it before leaving it at the parking spot. It's hard to believe hpw good this car looks, drives and also sounds that supercharger makes a beautiful whining noise in combination with that powerful exhaust note. And it's damn fast too. I'm just completely sold, best buy ever. Have already done 400+ km's by now and haven't had a single issue. I'll post some pictures from the moment I can

Cheers

Joni
This is great to hear, Joni! Glad you're really enjoying the MINI. Yes, post some snaps when you can.