New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

debating to get an auto/ manual cooper s, any advise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Unhappy debating to get an auto/ manual cooper s, any advise?

Hey guys, mini cooper is always my dream car and I'm finally decided to get one.
Thinking to get a 2nd hard one since i live in NYC and the ground are all messed up so don't wanna invest too much on a new one. Thinking to get a 2009 and up, chilli red with black hardtop. However, i couldn't decide to get a manual or auto... i love driving stick however NYC traffic is extremely terrible... what should i do? any advise?

Old 08-18-2014, 07:17 PM

Hi Chloe,

I wouldn't be too confused about it. I sell MINI's and I can tell you that both are great. Yes, of course nothing beats a stick shift transmission. MINI Has the finest around. It has a cool factor to it, but it also takes skill to drive. In NYC's (I'm from Chicago) stop and go, you probably wouldn't want to deal with it. You know that, but you want someone else to help justify? I sell plenty of these and I can tell you a lot of the people live in the downtown area. Honestly, I wouldn't get older than a 2010 because they really improved the transmissions since. Plus I am not a fan of the belt's but that is another story.. The 2014's are phenomenal.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by MINIAdvisor
Hi Chloe,

I wouldn't be too confused about it. I sell MINI's and I can tell you that both are great. Yes, of course nothing beats a stick shift transmission. MINI Has the finest around. It has a cool factor to it, but it also takes skill to drive. In NYC's (I'm from Chicago) stop and go, you probably wouldn't want to deal with it. You know that, but you want someone else to help justify? I sell plenty of these and I can tell you a lot of the people live in the downtown area. Honestly, I wouldn't get older than a 2010 because they really improved the transmissions since. Plus I am not a fan of the belt's but that is another story.. The 2014's are phenomenal.
I hope it's ok to barge in on this thread. I just looked at a 2011 base model manual Cooper today. I really love it, and the one I found is a good deal. However, I have been cautioned about the vast number of technical issues that come with Coopers. It sounds like maybe the 2011s might not be as bad as older models. Is that true? I really think I'd like to get this car, but I don't want to trade in the reliable car I have right now for a headache, even if it is stylish.

Chloe, did you decide on a car?

Thanks, Tina

Old 11-04-2014, 11:46 AM

Hi Chloe,
I don't know if you have decided on a car or not by now, but I also sell MINI coopers out here in LA and I know with the traffic here a lot of people are going with the automatic with the steptronic option. This allows them to have the convenience of the automatic while still being able to control the shifts when they are out cruising. MINI is a great brand and I'm sure you will love whatever you decide on. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:34 AM

Thx Louis, i actually decided to get an auto one. have been looking for a used one for couple months, i found its really hard to get a red body with black top, they are most white or red haha... thanks for advise tho =)

Old 11-05-2014, 10:48 AM

No problem Chloe, and well we have one on our lot right now that is a 2013 chili red with a black top, so they are out there. Keep your head up!

Old 11-08-2014, 10:47 AM

Get a stick!! Vroom Vrooom BABY!!! LOL!

Old 11-10-2014, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by teamslam1
Get a stick!! Vroom Vrooom BABY!!! LOL!
i would love to lol, But NY traffic sucks lol

Old 11-11-2014, 01:56 AM

Awww!! That's true =(

Old 11-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Platinum Sponsor

A stick if you want a little more take off and gas mileage, but in NYC the stop and go cant be bad, auto for daily commuter might be the way to go.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: debating to get an auto/ manual cooper s, any advise?