New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, I got my Mini!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 04:03 AM
Default Finally, I got my Mini!

Hi everyone! I'm a former dedicated 4Runner fan who has wanted a Mini Coop for quite some time now. I'll always love a Runner but yesterday my hubby surprised me and took me to the Mini Dealership and let me pick my new baby! He's a 2012 MC S, Laser Blue Metallic with white mirrors, roof and hood stripes with about 28k miles on him.

I have purchased some accessories for it, a cell phone mount, a key fob holder to keep it nice and the Used Car Manager gifted me a Garmin Nav made for Mini but he said I will I need to have it installed. I guess it isn't plug n play.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and I will share some pics of my "Dibble" soon. Any other accessories you can recommend that I will probably want or find I am in need of right away?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:38 AM

Congrats on your new Mini and welcome to the forum! Do you like the stock antenna? I changed mine out for a "Stubby" version. You can find them online just don't get a cheap one made in China. Anyways, enjoy your new ride! Cheers!

Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Default just got mine

hi, i just bought an 08 model s 6speed with sunroof...the most fun ever had driving,in Ohio looking for chance to drive it to S.F. Cal. to visit daughter and grandchild,have dog debating folding seats in back to make her a nest,might be nightmare.hard not to want to drive it all time great on gas so well built

Old 08-17-2014, 11:03 PM

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get back to y'all! Thanks for commenting on my post, this really seems like a great group of people and I'm happy I found this forum!

teamslam1 - mine actually came with a stubby, I guess it's previous owners changed it out so that's one less thing for me to do.

stashua58 - congrats on your new baby too! I hear you on how fun it is to drive! I keep trying to find reasons to need to go somewhere just so I can drive mine. Lol! I too have a pup I would like to take for a ride to the dog park but I'm so nervous because my carpet inside is black and my dog is a black and white English pointer so his hair will get embedded all in my carpet! I've seen a few people who have bought the cover that mini makes for the back to protect the interior but it's like $200+ and I can't do that right now. My next big splurge is definitely going to be getting my windows tinted. I'm dying to get that done as I live in Florida and the sun is killer on that black interior!

I want to attach a picture but I don't know how. Do I need to upload it to like photobucket or something like that and then paste the URL? Or can I just upload a pic here somehow? Thanks for any help!! I'd love to see your minis too!

Old 08-19-2014, 12:40 AM

Hi Blu, have u thought about mirror caps? I think those would look really cool. =)