New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fng

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Smile Fng

Hi All,
So, it goes like this. Back to 2005, recently divorced, credit in the toilet (I would find out later why but, thats another story), ex kept the car (2004 Jetta GLI) and, I need a car. After much haggling was finally able to finance a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. It was meant to be a transition car but surprisingly it turned out to be a long term car. My situation improved but, the little car stayed. It kept running and I was too busy to look for another. While visiting, I saw it with a Chevy badge in Cambodia and a Toyota badge in Indonesia. Anyhoo, back to present day. I knew that it was starting to die. It had 198,000 miles. I had started to look for another and was doing some research on a Subaru Legacy. Have heard nothing but glowing reports on these cars. Two weeks ago, while driving down the street in one of our suburbs the little Forenza hiccuped and passed away. The crankshaft/camshaft just wouldn't go anymore, and the suspension had seen better days. Lo and behold, there is a Subaru dealer 500 yards away. I walk into the dealer and attempt to buy a new car. No problem but, the car came with the basic stuff and after I added the necessities it came to almost 30K. WTF ?
I walk out to my car which is still on the street and now being looked over by a policeman. I tell the occifer that I will get it off the street. The closest place (right in front of me) is a Mini dealer. As I was pushing it, the Mini guys came out and helped, said I could leave it there until a tow truck arrived. I looked around the lot and decided, why not ? Financing ? No problem....situation is back to normal. I wound up buying one of the lot, hey, I needed to get home and couldn't wait for an order to arrive. It's 2014 Hardtop. Has most of the bells and whistles although I'm thinking of retrofitting the Mini Connected feature. The dealership experience was fantastic. I was in and out in under an hour and a half and, they gave me 1500 for the broken down Forenza. All for way less than the Subaru. Did I say way less ?? It's an awesome little machine. Didn't know that anyone made a 3 cylinder engine and didn't know that it could go so fast !! So far, I am extremely satisfied with this purchase. Don't know about any major mods as I don't want to jeopardize the warranty just yet. I have given it the monicker, "Rocinante" and plan to take some trips in it. I'll keep you guys posted.