New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodbye turbo Beetle hello Mini S

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Smile Goodbye turbo Beetle hello Mini S

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the mini family. I bought a 2004 S about 10 days ago and so far am LOVING IT! I was driving a 2001 New Beetle 1.8t. I love that car but this Mini is starting to cloud my judgment There's no roll on turns, no turbo lag, and just plain fun! I didn't get a manual with it so if you can point me in the right direction that would be great. I do have a whine with the steering when stopped and my auto down window doesn't always work. There isn't as much back seat room or trunk space as the beetle but it's close. I got the electric blue(?) with a white top. I'll get some pictures up soon & you can tell me what is stock & what is aftermarket. All I have so far is the butt pic with the beetle. Can you point me in the right directions for parts? The hubby will be doing the work on him. This may sound silly but do you guys name your car? We name the NB's & my Mini has kinda told me his name is Stan & I was just wondering if it's normal for mini's too I look forward to looking at all the pics here and getting to know what's normal & useful with my new to me car. If you're curious, the beetle has 239000 miles on him and is the hubby's new to him car now