New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

Haunted clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2024 | 11:46 AM
GCP
|
Default Haunted clutch

New here. Bought a 2013 mc jcw from carvana a month ago. It's got the N18 1.6 turbo engine and 6 speed manual transmission. (only had about 50k miles on it which is amazing for a ten year old vehicle so I couldn't resist). I've finished replacing plugs, oil/filters and I've got new rotors/pads to do next. I've ordered a pressure bleeder for when I do the brakes so I can replace the fluid as well. The car drives and shifts perfectly. Something I've noticed is when idling ebrake off and no feet on any pedals and in neutral (no gear) my mini likes to inch backwards. Easy enough to stop that with the brake pedal but I didn't know I bought a self driving car lol. I researched this and found it's kinda normal and it is a function of the spinning input shaft and viscosity of transmission fluid that can cause gears to turn a little even if not in a gear. So not a big deal, i just can't totally relax at a redlight is all. However... same scenario but now I push the clutch to the floor and it still tries to inch back. Would anyone else agree that this could be a sign of the clutch plate not fully disengaging from the flywheel? Seems like it to me. And the only conclusion I can come to is possible air in the slave cylinder or line. I do not see any leaks and the fluid level looks correct. I am going to change the transmission fluid soon and figured while I'm under there I could use my new pressure bleeder to attempt bleeding the clutch line (I've found procedure for this). Just wanted to hear of anyone else might think of something else that I mightve overlooked. Thanks!

Old 10-11-2024 | 11:26 PM
Default Beautiful Girls in your city for night - Verified Ladies

Girls in your city

Old 10-12-2024 | 11:05 AM
Default Prettys Womans from your town for night - Verified Females

Find Girls in your city for night