New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headache 🤕 and $

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 02:01 PM
Default Headache 🤕 and $

Hello mini brothers, I am new to the forum..
I’ve had my 2012 mini Cooper JCW since March of last year 2017 it’s been a really fun car 🚗 (black red top).. So to start off my background and experiences are in Hondas And RX7’s With that being said I Sold my rx7last year. I went from horse power, to mule power.. I was driving around in a little Mazda protégé that had no ***** and definitely no horses LOL..I am a dad so that’s why I had to give up the rocketship for something that was kid friendly and a four seater.:/ I chose a mini.. Don’t get me wrong I love my mini but I’m not fond of all the bmw bs”that comes with it in fine print ..

So long story short my car has 80,000 miles.
I recently changed High-pressure fuel pump, because of cold start issues..Car starts up fine now!

Other problems persist.,,
I had carbon buildup on my intake ports I tryd cleaning with CRC GDI cleaner and a rag ...Most of my problemReally started here.
I assembled the car back up started it misfires possible detonation.. was Going on like a mother..f

I’m guessing the pressure from the valve cover was to much that I Hurd a pop like a bang . So I had to buy a new valve cover and gasket .! Also the car was running like **** So I took it to the dealer when I got the car back it felt a lot better but still not 100 the throttle was off The Boost was weak and the car would go into limp mode with no indication so as it stands I got the p115c and the 2f42 engin ventalation code ..! The car does run a lot better but it randomly goes into stupid mode .. any info would be greatly appreciated I am at 82,000 fresh oil +spark plugs ! Done ✅ valve cover , and hpfp also the car will rev on it’s own when I disingage gears befor coming to a stop 🛑.. not crazy but it does it here and there maf...? I cleaned it out already .?!

Thanks in advance!