New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Default Hello

Greetings! My wife bought an 08 Cooper S 6-speed with the JCW kit two weeks ago. I have always had a curiosity about the Mini's since I've heard nothing but good things about them. Needless to say, when we test drove her car we both looked at each other and said...why didn't we figure this out sooner?

So...I bought one myself! Mine is a bit different, I actually went with the auto since my wife has the 6-speed and the auto was very impressive. The 6-speed is more fun but the auto is by far one of the best I have ever driven in a car.

I race motorcycles and when I drove the mini I told my wife that it is the closest thing to a motorcycle on 4 wheels. She also rides and will race next year so more than anything the handling and feedback sold us.

I guess that is about it!

Looking forward to learning more about the mini and hopefully meeting other owners as well.

-Chris

P.S. My wife will join in as well.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Default RE: Hello

What kind of motorcycle racing do you do?

Old 05-09-2008, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: cougsfan

What kind of motorcycle racing do you do?
I race road bikes (Yamaha YZFR6) in the Champion Cup Series Mid-Atlantic Championship.

Here is a picture from this past weekend's races...once the weather clears up I will get some of both MINIs.

Name:  MBS_0990.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  86.0 KB

Old 05-11-2008, 12:27 AM

I can see why you say a Mini is the closest thing to a motorcycle on 4 wheels! Good luck racing your Yamaha and with your Mini's.