New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Default Hello!

I'm new here and just wanted to say Hello to everyone.

My boyfriend owns a 2007 Mini Cooper S. I joined this forum because he's interested in modifying his vehicle. I wanted to buy him a few parts for Christmas, but I'm not well-versed on the variety of companies and-or quality of certain parts. Help!

In case anyone asks - we have a 500$ spending limit per person. :P

Old 10-24-2013, 11:04 PM

Hi there. Usually the first mods we do to our Minis is the air intake. It's usually not that expensive and any reputable shop in your neighborhood can do the installation for you. Each has their merits. Some will be a little more expensive then others. Here are a few brands to look for. K&N, VIP, M7, AEM, Injen to name a few. Hope this helps. Your bf is lucky to have you =]

Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 AM

Heya! Thank you for the advice, I will look into it and compare. I appreciate the compliment, I hope he feels the same way.

Originally Posted by teamslam1
Hi there. Usually the first mods we do to our Minis is the air intake. It's usually not that expensive and any reputable shop in your neighborhood can do the installation for you. Each has their merits. Some will be a little more expensive then others. Here are a few brands to look for. K&N, VIP, M7, AEM, Injen to name a few. Hope this helps. Your bf is lucky to have you =]

Old 10-25-2013, 10:57 PM

I'm sure he does. Take care.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:52 PM

I did air intake for my first mod!

Old 02-06-2014, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by teamslam1
Which of the mentioned air intakes are best?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:26 AM

To be honest. I think they are all relatively the same. All of them are rechargeable(Meaning the can be cleaned and reused) Looks are a bit different and prices can range from around 100 to 300 roughly. Hope this helps.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:28 AM

I have an Alta intake. I like the look and the price was in my range. Hey Scoopers, what intake did u go with?