New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello from DC!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Default Hello from DC!

Hello from DC! Just joined the forum, purchased my second Mini this weekend.

In 2012 I bought a hardtop (R56) with an automatic transmittion, cold weather, sport, and premium packages. Chilli red with a black roof. It was a solid car, for the most part. I hated how every time I drove over a pothole it sounded like I cracked an axel. The runflats made for a much rougher ride than I was looking for. The gas mileage was always horrible, too. I got 21mpg and 26mpg on the highway. When I had loaner cars, I would average 27mpg and 32mpg on the highway. Anyway, 3 years passed and I hit 41k miles. Maintenance warranty was up, car needed 4 new tires, new brakes, one cracked rim... I just had this overwhelming feeling that something major was about to go wrong. And, I needed a slightly bigger car.

This weekend I went to the dealer intending to buy the Countryman when I laid eyes on the new 4-door hardtop and fell in love. I loved the updated interior and exterior and loved driving it. I ended up buying that one the same day-- this time, black with a white roof (and without the run flat tires I hated last time). I am in love with the car. It looks so elegant and rides like a dream. And, I'm getting 31mpg in the city! I always knew there was something wrong with my old car only getting 21mpg. The smaller gas tank on this car is annoying me a bit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

Can't wait to participate in the discussions here!

Old 04-04-2015, 07:19 PM

Hi Katelynhurley, hello and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new ride! I'm so jealous! My Dad got my sister a 2015 hardtop s (F56) red with black roof. It's really nice. I have an 04 hardtop s (R53) which I love also. Enjoy your new ride! Drive it like you stole it!