New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello everyone. Another new used mini owner here with a question..

Old 05-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Unhappy Hello everyone. Another new used mini owner here with a question..

I purchased a 07 Cooper S with the Cooper Works & 6 spd manual with 83k over the weekend. I am absolutely loving this car and plan on keeping it as long as possible. After driving it over the weekend though I noticed the hood gets really hot by the bonnet even after short drives and was wondering if this was normal? While popping the hood I noticed a slight ticking coming from timing chain area. It's not terrible, just enough to where I notice it now after watching youtube vidoes. What I know now is usually referred to as the tick of death starting after watching video, which I'm really concerned about.For some reason I have a feeling this thing is going to overheat on me sometime in the future or worse. I just want to take advantage of the warranty and take care of all the things that should be done. I have scheduled an appt to get it looked at from the dealership(not mini) and will tell them to check the timing chain tensioner. Does that sound right or should I suggest they check for something else? Other than that the car drives awesome.

Also I was wondering I think the bonnet doesn't have holes in it and also covered with the heat insulation. Is there any option to create some more wind flow to the engine to somewhat help with cooling? Can you make your own holes in the bonnet or bad idea?

I really appreciate any response. Thanks.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:22 PM

Take a look at all the responses on the new member page ,,,,Mostly zero. Good luck

Old 05-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by newguy
Take a look at all the responses on the new member page ,,,,Mostly zero. Good luck
yeah..I think new member area is pointless. Just post in the technical/mechanical threads.