New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello Folks

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Default Hello Folks

Hi, I am new here and joined this forum today itself.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 PM

Being new here myself, let me say Hi to you too!

Old 10-14-2011, 10:52 PM

Newbie here too. New to the forum and new to MINI.

I drove my 1999 VW turbo diesel bug for 166,000 miles and hated to give it up but I got tired of putting it up every winter and getting the critters out of it in the late spring. Can't do it early spring because that in Vermont is called "mud season".

Anyway, I got a Countryman 4 All S. Nice car, but some frustrations. Wish, oh I wish, I could have had a diesel. The cup holders are way, way too small, the door lock switch is halfway across the car and the clock cannot be seen if you are watching the fuel consumption readouts on the speedometer, and it only has 1 12v outlet up front.

It handles well. I am tempted to go much faster than I should since it is so responsive. Did I mention I wish I could have a diesel version of this?

Sunroof is nice.

See you all around, Spud

Old 10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Thumbs down Diesel MINI?

I understand the diesel fuel milage, however, I bought my Mini S for the fun of driving a small car with a turbo and 6 speed manual tranny. I have a diesel in my 40' motorhome, don't want one in my daily driver- how boring that would be IMHO.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by RSchleder
I understand the diesel fuel milage, however, I bought my Mini S for the fun of driving a small car with a turbo and 6 speed manual tranny. I have a diesel in my 40' motorhome, don't want one in my daily driver- how boring that would be IMHO.
Boring? NO WAY! Have you ever driven a small diesel car? I drove a New Beetle turbo diesel for 12 years and had a blast. It was a torquey little devil. Friends that drove it were amazed. They never expected such performance from a small car. Also check out the move to more diesels in racing.