Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Hello from a Mini Admirer (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/hello-mini-admirer-9932/)

sirchris 04-10-2017 03:46 PM

Hello from a Mini Admirer

I don't own Mini, and to be perfectly honest, I probably won't. My daughter on the other hand wants one so I'm doing a little research on the pros and cons. Hope to find what I need here. Thanks

PelicanParts.com 04-26-2017 12:38 PM

Welcome to MINI Cooper Forums! What gen MINI are you looking to get your daughter? Supercharged, Turbocharged or naturally aspirated? Gen 1 from 2005-2006 could be a great year to look at. Read the gen 1 buyers guide for some info here: MINI R50/R53 Buyers Guide - MotoringFile. For gen 2, check out the tech articles in signature below. There are better years than others to go with depending on turbo or NA.

sirchris 04-26-2017 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com (Post 23546)
Welcome to MINI Cooper Forums! What gen MINI are you looking to get your daughter? Supercharged, Turbocharged or naturally aspirated? Gen 1 from 2005-2006 could be a great year to look at. Read the gen 1 buyers guide for some info here: MINI R50/R53 Buyers Guide - MotoringFile. For gen 2, check out the tech articles in signature below. There are better years than others to go with depending on turbo or NA.

thanks for the reply. I was beginning to wonder if this forum was active. I dondon't think she's real keen on the newer models and to be honest I'm old school and not keen on buying her a new car. Something like that is some thing to work for andand appreciate. I'll check out the buyers guide. Probably not going to search for a turbo, but if I find one at a good price we might go for it.

PelicanParts.com 04-26-2017 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by sirchris (Post 23548)
thanks for the reply. I was beginning to wonder if this forum was active. I dondon't think she's real keen on the newer models and to be honest I'm old school and not keen on buying her a new car. Something like that is some thing to work for andand appreciate. I'll check out the buyers guide. Probably not going to search for a turbo, but if I find one at a good price we might go for it.

Happy to help. I'd recommend just a Cooper Base (not Cooper S) model then. For both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MINI's. They will have less issues. Let me know if you find some prospects. :)

sirchris 04-26-2017 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com (Post 23549)
Happy to help. I'd recommend just a Cooper Base (not Cooper S) model then. For both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MINI's. They will have less issues. Let me know if you find some prospects. :)

Will do. Appreciate it.

carid 04-27-2017 03:15 AM

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. You came to the right place for info.