New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from a Mini Admirer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Default Hello from a Mini Admirer

I don't own Mini, and to be perfectly honest, I probably won't. My daughter on the other hand wants one so I'm doing a little research on the pros and cons. Hope to find what I need here. Thanks

Old 04-26-2017, 12:38 PM

Welcome to MINI Cooper Forums! What gen MINI are you looking to get your daughter? Supercharged, Turbocharged or naturally aspirated? Gen 1 from 2005-2006 could be a great year to look at. Read the gen 1 buyers guide for some info here: MINI R50/R53 Buyers Guide - MotoringFile. For gen 2, check out the tech articles in signature below. There are better years than others to go with depending on turbo or NA.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to MINI Cooper Forums! What gen MINI are you looking to get your daughter? Supercharged, Turbocharged or naturally aspirated? Gen 1 from 2005-2006 could be a great year to look at. Read the gen 1 buyers guide for some info here: MINI R50/R53 Buyers Guide - MotoringFile. For gen 2, check out the tech articles in signature below. There are better years than others to go with depending on turbo or NA.
thanks for the reply. I was beginning to wonder if this forum was active. I dondon't think she's real keen on the newer models and to be honest I'm old school and not keen on buying her a new car. Something like that is some thing to work for andand appreciate. I'll check out the buyers guide. Probably not going to search for a turbo, but if I find one at a good price we might go for it.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by sirchris
thanks for the reply. I was beginning to wonder if this forum was active. I dondon't think she's real keen on the newer models and to be honest I'm old school and not keen on buying her a new car. Something like that is some thing to work for andand appreciate. I'll check out the buyers guide. Probably not going to search for a turbo, but if I find one at a good price we might go for it.
Happy to help. I'd recommend just a Cooper Base (not Cooper S) model then. For both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MINI's. They will have less issues. Let me know if you find some prospects.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Happy to help. I'd recommend just a Cooper Base (not Cooper S) model then. For both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MINI's. They will have less issues. Let me know if you find some prospects.
Will do. Appreciate it.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. You came to the right place for info.