New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello - new owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Default Hello - new owner

Hello all. Just took possession of an 05' Cooper S - black on black. Great little cars. I have a few questions about these cars though as I'm not too familiar with them other than what I've experienced thus far.

The car was purchases used from someone who obviously did a few things non-stock. It came with a DDM works intake, and strut reinforcements. Not sure yet what else has been done, but wonder if some of the below is related to other mods.

The car makes a high pitched whistle when just a tiny bit of load is placed on the engine. More load it goes away, same with less.

The supercharger seems more powerful than I would have expected - anyway to see if a pulley change was made?

Also, what's the best way to see if engine managemnet changes have been made - via chip I suspect?

Great little car - not sure I'd change anything. I've owned BMW's in the past, and always felt the need to put performance modifications on them to get them to where I wanted them. I'm pretty happy just leaving this as-is and having fun.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:27 AM

Welcome to the club from a newbie Mini owner in Tucson. You are right, I can't find a reason to add any performance mods.