New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

hello from Norfolk VA!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 AM
Default hello from Norfolk VA!

hello to the forum and its members. My wife and I are enjoying our 2007 r56 and looking forward to enjoy it for a long time to come! we picked up the chili red beast a few months ago and after some minor and major repairs we are back on the road. currently under 70,000 miles on it sporting a manual transmission.

repairs to date:
clutch and flywheel
sunroof realignment
cigarette lighter

upgrades down the road:
drill / slotted rotors
ebc pads
stainless brake lines
borla exhaust
engine rebuild at 120,000 miles.

pics to follow (currently raining)

and Enjoy Independence Day!

Old 07-05-2016, 02:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome aboard! That's great job bringing the R56 back to life, nice! Enjoy your ride and show us some pictures.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:21 PM

still out here just getting bogged down with work. new plugs / wires, oil change, and fluid flushes planned for the next few weeks. already replaced a few badges , brackets (found wood screws in tags mount) and trouble shooting rear hatch.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Sometime life takes over and you've got to do that instead of getting your hands dirty with your MINI. While you begin to tackle those other jobs please be sure to check out our DIY tech articles here: Mini Cooper S R56 (2007-Present) Technical Articles | DIY Guides for maintenance and Repair of Mini Cooper S model years 2007-present | Pelican Parts. They should be pretty useful to you. If you have any questions or need anything please be sure to let me know.