New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi I am new! Considering buying a Mini Cooper S!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Default Hi I am new! Considering buying a Mini Cooper S!

Hey Everyone I am Chloe,

I have always had an eye for two cars Mini Coopers and Mustangs. Sadly recent divorce has left me in a tight spot were I have to let my 2013 Mustang GT go Sooo I have been looking back at Mini's, found a use Mini Cooper S at Seattle Mini its a 2011 they are asking $16,923 with 20,776 miles. Is this a decent deal? I plan to try to talk them down if I go for it.

I did have a few questions about them as far as if I can expect any issues with this model year? What common issues they might have and what to look out for when getting myself into one. My friend loves her Mini buy says the maintenance costs are pretty high, but I can't imagine it would be any higher than a Mustang GT...?

What can I expect from its handling and power to weight ratio, I would most likely put it out on the track at some point to test it out. I know it's not going to be like a built Mustang GT on the track but I gotta have some fun with the Mini.

And last question what is out there for the Mini's as far as aftermarket parts, how well do they handle tuning and tinkering with their performance a bit?

Old 01-09-2015, 06:11 AM

So now that you've moved on and left out with little money, why can't you buy a pre-owned car?
Is this a bad idea ? I think not

What you say ?

Old 01-09-2015, 06:17 AM

Hi Chloe. Sorry about your situation. As far as that 2011 MCS your looking at that's pretty average with the year and miles. But definitely talk them down.

I don't think that year has any real big issues. As far as the maintenance costs. They are little sport tuned cars so I do recommend finding a shop that specializes in Minis and Beemers.

The handling is superb. I have a Gen 1 MCS that I just lowered with springs and it handles really well. Just imagine if you start upgrading your suspension.

Power to weight is pretty good. Remember these are small cars.

There are a lot of aftermarket parts for your model. From airbox to exhaust. Those models of Minis are turbocharged and if I do remember correctly ESC Tuning just recently came out with their version of a blowoff valve.

Some popular brands for our Minis are M7, Alta and Kravenspeed. I've even bought some parts all the way from the UK. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck n best wishes to you.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:26 AM

Hi there, Sorry to hear, you had to part with your 2013 Mustang GT ! Good days shall roll over again in your life !