New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How wrong was I?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Default How wrong was I?

Hey everyone, Like most posting in this area I am a new proud owner of a new Mini.... 05 Mini Cooper S to be specific. So I have a confession to make... I used to see the Mini's on the road all the time and think... "awww what a cute little car, kinda girly though". So recently I found myself in a bit of a jam. About a year ago I sold my "MANLY" Mustang and I bought my g/f a new beetle since we both knew her car was on its last leg and I didn't want her stranded on the side of the road. I assumed responsibilty of her beater while she got the new Beetle. Well, about a week ago, that last leg broke and I was stranded on the side of the road. I searched all over for the right car. Don't ask me how I found myself looking at the Mini, but the deal was too good to pass up, IMHO. After my first week of driving.... well, Now I am the one hearing how cute my car is.... but "GIRLY".. lol. NO. I love this ride. Good gas mileage and punch in @$$ when I need it. It handles like a dream and I don't think I have second guessed fitting into a parking space yet. I will be posting pics soon. I hope to get to know those of you that stay active and if anyone lives in Raleigh NC area and has Mini Meets keep me informed....

Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Haha nice to see you've seen the light, welcome to the club and post those pics up ASAP! Oh and congrats on the purchase =))

Old 01-16-2013, 04:59 PM

Awesome. Listen, a million weird European dudes can't be wrong. I have seen the hardest of soccer hooligans show up to bars in Minis - no one is ever gonna call it a girly car. Now, the Chevy Malibu...