New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

Its ALL about the PRICE

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Default Its ALL about the PRICE

OK...

Its all about the price...my 26 year old wants a 2008 MINI (shes paying for it)...Automatic, Premium Package, Convinence Package, Oxygen Blue w/White over...thats it...(shes firm on this setup)

Have been to 2 dealers in the South Florida area (south, braman) so farand both are only quoting/selling LIST (msrp) or as I call it (once upon a time) I have never paid list for any car ever, even when i boughtmy new1964 1/2 Mustang...

Looking for some help here...is everyone else seeing the same holding the price line or are any of you on a 2008 getting discounted prices??? also what are you finding on interest rates???

Are any of you South Florida Purchasers??? I'm willing to travel a couple of hundred miles to save some decent money...

Tried the web for auto-brokers and am waiting for responses from a couple... My daughter is weighing leasing vs buying, but thats up to her...personally I buy all mine but I generally keep them 5 to 10 years...

Would like to do this soon so any fast help is greatlly appreciated...I myself have an H-3 and am active on that forum

Old 12-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Default RE: Its ALL about the PRICE

If you custom order it no dealership will budge from MSRP and some will actually add on 5-15%. If you buy one off the lot some will work with you.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:54 PM

There are NO 08's on the lots yet and both dealers do not have what she wants in an 07...I read the July 07 posts similar to what I asked and back then it seems they were also holding the price...

I understand what you say about a special order (them) wanting to hold at list but it just irks me...I'm not willing to give up and will hold out for a while at least...hopefully will get some more responses from this forum and from some auto brokers...
i appreciated your quick answer and comment...

RYD

Old 12-16-2007, 06:14 PM

No problem but just to let you know, I've never heard of a dealership budging from MSRP on a custom order since the MINI came out in 02. You're lucky you're not in southern California or you'd be looking at MSRP + 15%. It's tough to even get them to sell one on the lot for less than MSRP. Maybe see if your local dealership can find on like she wants and trade for one they have.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:43 AM

Sincerely doubt less then MSRP.
The car is in demand. Price/Market is hardly negotiable,
Also - Very high resale value in used market.
Lease the car. Plop down 4K.
Lease at 12K miles per year knowing that you will buy out at residual K price.
Then finance residual price or buy it then sell/flip it and forget about excess miles and excess wear and tear return costs.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:24 PM

sorry there are out of order...[/align][/align][/align][/align]this was his response...[/align][/align]Michael, (me)
The best I can offer is $500 off the MSRP price of $22,950. Let me know whether you'll be purchasing or leasing.
Bets Regards & Happy Holidays
Mike (dealer)
[/align][/align][/align]

this was an e-mail I sent to a dealer who responded to me asking for a deal...

Michael,
(dealer)[/align][/align]Yes I received your quote. I am looking for a dealer who is willing to negotiate on the price of the MINI. We will keep you in mind. Should you be willing to discuss a lower price please contact me. Thank you for the time you have spent with me.[/align][/align]Michael (me)[/align][/align]so for all you non believers there are discounts to be found...you have to be hard bargining but let me tell you I will get it for less [/align]AND[/align]I will not pay DEALER PREP, ADM, AD FEES or any other BS...[/align][/align]Will keep you advised...[/align]

Old 01-03-2008, 09:20 PM

I'll be following your story with great interest.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:28 PM

OK ALL YOU non-believers.....................

2008 MINI (not S or Clubman)
Auto Transmission
Convenience PKG
Premium PKG
Transportation

LIST PRICE $22950.00
PLUS BS ADP (additional dealer profit) 599.00
--------------
sub-total $23549.00

Got it for: $22849.00
PLUS FREE MATS (either rugs or rubber full)
free loaner on ALL WARRENTY work over 2 hours time etc etcetc

plus

TAX
TITLE
TAG

SOOOOOOO !!! it was tough but the net result is I did save $101.00 plus the cost of the mats (i think a full set of rubbers {front-back-boot} is List $139.00)

so the total savings was $240.00 (i got more off when i bought my 1964 1/2 Mustang) LOL
I will admit it was tough, contacted about 10 dealers.........
BUT LIKE MY DADDY SAID: " better in my pocket, then theirs"

Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 AM

JUST a fellow-up for all you 400 plus people who read the thread...

My daughter received her MINI and is wildly happy with her purchase. My hat is off to South Motors MINI in Miami and to Michael Barrett who normally sells BMW's for his help, patience, understanding and PRICING ABILITY...

If you decide to contact them I suggest you ONLY DEAL WITH MICHAEL and tell him HEATHER LESLIE sent you...

GOOD LUCK !!!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Hmm I'm suprised that mini isn't moving their prices down very much. however, if you don't buy off of the lot they are building a car in Britain that is completely custom. There are soooo many options for this car that I can some what understand them not coming down on the MSRP prices.

However, in the past my father has bought cars customized and gotten a $65,000 car for $58,000...and we brought a 30g car down to about 25.5g

Well, if you're lucky enough to locate one on a lot then you could probably talk it down a couple grand