New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Married a Mini Cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Default Married a Mini Cooper

With a recent Marriage i ended up with a 03 Mini Cooper. I love the car and my new wife. But this Mini has its problems.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Welcome to MINI Cooper Forums! Congratulations on your new MINI and your new wife. Very exciting. What problems is it having? Let me know and I can see what I can do to help.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:27 PM

I have been struggling with this car to make it have heat. After a new thermostat , Flushing the heater core i have heat. The heater core was replaced the winter of 2015 but the heat problem seamed to be a blocked heater core. I own a auto repair shop and i must say this cooling system is pretty clean. No sign of stop leak or lack of maintenance. I did get the heat to work but as you know it can get pretty cold in Michigan. So a few days of her driving it with the heat working witch has not worked for 2 years it got down in the signal digits. Oh Honey Mini not to much heat ( in her words) So i drove it and she is right. When i was flushing the heater core i cracked the 4 way heater hose connector and needed to replace it. When i was looking at it i noticed it has a restriction in the connector. Both the old and the new one have this restriction. What happens if i drill this restriction out ? The engine temp is good the car makes heat but on cold mornings its not warm enough in the car. Is it the heater core . I have seen lots of complaints about these car heat. Any ideas ? Happy wife happy life . Any help would be appreciated. I have to believe that at one time this car had good heat or she would not have said any thing.