New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Cooper S Conv - Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Default Mini Cooper S Conv - Chicago

I am thinking of buying Cooper S covertible. Have anybody recently bought one in Chicagoland? How much can I expect to pay?
There is a few of them around, some even 2007.
I have read that dealers stick to MSRP. Is it true?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Mini Cooper S Conv - Chicago

Yep, no way you'll get one for less than MSRP. You can usually get them to throw in things like the dealer prep and all that nonsense for free though. Putting a number on how much MSRP will be isn't really possible because of the built-to-order nature of the car, it can be anywhere from 21,000 up to 50,000.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:03 PM

Davos,

Anytime you can save is money in your pocket...and as my daddy use to say "better in mine then theirs"

Contact ALL the Mini Cooper Internet sales managers (don't go to a dealer yet, don't speak to a regular salesperson) within 100 or 150 miles of you (do not use phone calls) In your e-mails tell them EXACTLY what you want as far as options...(do not release yor phone number) Once you get answers from as many that will respond (you may need to send a second or third e-mail ) THEN start playing the game...SOMEONE will bend and thats your starting point, then you start playing one against the other...there will be a point when a telephone call or actual visit becomes necessary...ALWAYS BE POLITE WITH THEM...you never know when you might have to go back to that dealer...

We manages to SPECIAL ORDER a 2008 Mini Cooper EXACTLY as my daughter wanted (due in 3-4 weeks) at a few hundred dollars BELOW MSRP plus Tax. Title & Tag, NO ADDITIONAL DEALER MARKUP, NO ADDITIONAL DEALER PROFIT, NO SETUP CHARGES, NO DEALER PREP....................NO NOTHING>>>>>>>>>

Oh we did get FREE MATS ALL AROUND...and it was the dealer nearest her...

GOOD LUCK and don't take no for an answer

Old 02-17-2008, 03:54 PM

thanks for advise
I am thinking about picking one from dealers lot, it will nor exactly what I want, but it will be right away and I hope to save some macaroonies