New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mini let my engine break and stuck me with THOUSANDS in repair costs

Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Unhappy Mini let my engine break and stuck me with THOUSANDS in repair costs

WATCH OUT!!! MINI WILL TRY TO SCREW YOU!!!
My beloved 2007 Mini cooper S was diagnosed with a leaking thermostat housing on 09/09. I was told this part was not available because Mini's parts supplier had a computer glitch. I was told to contact a dealership...which I did.. I called Charlotte, Charleston, and Greenville. Everyone knew my car was still being driven. Everyone KNEW I had no other mode of transportation. I was put on a waiting list for the part...
last week it finally came in. I've been filling my car with coolant and letting it leak out all over for a MONTH! So, I filled it up with coolant, and off I go to Charlotte. There, I found out that there is likely engine damage from the car overheating. But they needed to see who was going to pay for it because of the situation. Today I found out that Mini will NOT be paying for anything. The dealership told me it was because I didnt take it to a dealer on 09/10 immediately. even though no dealer I called told me to bring it in. I called customer service and they said it wasnt being paid for because my car is out of warrenty!! NO ONE admitted to the missing part as being the reason my car is where it is now!!! I'm fighting this!! I wont pay 7 thousand dollars because MINI didnt have the part avaliable!!! THIS SUCKS!!!! I love my car and I love MINI, but now...how can I ever buy one again?!?!?