New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 06 cooper daily! New to the cooper scene!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Default My new 06 cooper daily! New to the cooper scene!

Good day, folks!

New here to the Mini Scene! and, as a matter a fact - fell into it by complete accident. I have been (and continue to be) in the Audi/Porsche/VW scene. Have owned those cars for years (and still have a few including an RS6, 79 Targa, Cayenne, and a VW Cabrio). However, one of these Saturday mornings a few weeks ago I decided I wanted a new daily beater to replace my VW. I looked for about a week with my $3K daily beater budget. Test drove a few Volvo convertibles, looked at Saab 9-3's, and then started looking at the coopers. My goal was that I wanted a fwd (for winter purposes) convertible. Unfortunately all of the coopers I saw were out of my price range until I ran across this little one:

After settling on a deal I was on my way home with my new 5 speed daily mini cooper with 148K miles on it. Not very many service records from the last owner himself but, has a clean and clear history and title and the history identifies when the preventative maintenance was completed as the car has been serviced at dealerships all its life. I plan on calling the dealerships and seeing if I can get my hands on some of those records.

Now I have to do a few minor things before I take it through MD inspection and get it registered.

My questions:
1. Has anyone blacked out ALL of the chrome trim on a red Mini? how does it look?
2. Has anyone installed an alarm system? I hear these things are prewired for alarm…?

Look forward to chatting it up a bit!

Regards,
Paul

Old 11-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Hi Paul. Great score on the Mini! I've seen some guy on Youtube black out the headlight trim. Looked cool. He used the spray on Plastidip. I've seen the stock grill Plastidipped. In my own opinion it just looked ok. What I did to mine was I bought an aftermarket grill that replaces the main grill and the grill on the bumper. I Plastidipped it and it looks really cool. Looks like the JCW grill. The honeycomb style is what they say it is. Hope this helps.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Platinum Sponsor