New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Default new

I like this forum! I have been looking for a forum like this! I will be here often!I also had a question. What is the difference between a mini cooper and mini cooper s? Besides the horespower.And the muffler being in the middle on the S.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Default RE: new

Welcome to the forum! The Cooper S is the supercharged version of the Cooper. The Cooper S is only available with a manual tranny or the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel, but does not come in an automatic. I think there are also more wheel options on the Cooper S, along with other smaller differences.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:58 PM

Actually you are wrong..The Cooper S does come with an Automatic, and only the Automatic transmission has the paddle shifters. The muffler is not in the middle on the Cooper S.. It is in the elbow bends on the rear by the Tips of the exhaust, what you see there is the resonator. Smaller differences would be the Sport suspension plus standard on the S, and the seats also. While the factory does offer it for the Cooper it is an option you have to pay for. I have owned both Cooper and Cooper S. BTW, Welcome, and don't forget to wave to fellow Motorers!

Old 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Administrator

where in MI are you from maximus?

Old 08-30-2005, 11:54 PM

I'm in Ann Arbor, and where are you from?

Old 09-06-2005, 01:30 AM

Cooper has naturally aspirated engine, 5-speed manual or CVT "automatic", "sport suspension", standard seats, and Cooper body styling.

Cooper S has the supercharged and intercooled engine [as well as upgraded engine internals], 6-speed manual or automatic, "sport suspension plus", sport seats, and Cooper S bodywork which is more aggressive looking.

Realistically, the Cooper is perfect for an enthusiast that doesn't need a ton of power, and still values fuel economy and overall price. The Cooper S has greater engine aftermarket potential, and thus is the choice for the tuners.

I hope that mini MINI summary helped, and welcome to MCF!
Cheers,
Ryan

Old 09-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Administrator

i like about 20 miles north of detroit

Old 09-07-2005, 01:55 AM

you live 20 Mi. north of detroit? really? Why aren't you on MichiganMINI.com?