New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Cooper Fanatic

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Default New Cooper Fanatic

Well, I signed papers for my '03 Mini Cooper S yesterday (on Pi day!) and will soon be getting it to call mine!

I drove it a bit and really loved it, and did a LOT of homework prior to the buy, figuring out what exactly wears out on these cars. It's got 54k miles on it, and from what I could tell it's in beautiful shape aside from a possible slow leak in a tire (which I haggled the price down on).

I'll post pictures when I finally get it in my driveway. What are some things you guys will recommend doing right off the bat? I'm going to change the oil, and get the tires rotated (and that possible slow leak fixed), as well as a thorough mechanical inspection.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Default RE: New Cooper Fanatic

Squadron,
My wife is a 5th grade math teacher and was very excited on Pi day. Unfortunately nobody else at her school shared her enthusiasm. Evidently there is a person near where we live who is a "Pi Expert." A teacher at the school told my wife that her neighbor was the "Pi Expert." I think the guy has the Pi memorized to some crazy number past the decimal point.

Concerning the car it sounds like you are making all the right decisions. With every new to me car I buy I also purchase a three ring binder and begin keep meticulous records of the maintenance that is done. It impresses mechanics and potential buyers when- God forbid- you ever decide to sell the car.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:07 AM

Pi day will be more Piish in 2015.[8D]

Old 03-21-2008, 01:51 PM

And yet even more Pi-ish in 2016 (3/14/16) - sorry I'm an econ nerd.