New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

New here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Post New here!

Hi all! I just purchased a mini cooper countryman 2011.I am surprised how snappy it is for just a regular asperated engine.My next one will have turbo. I plan on keeping this one 3 or 4 years.

I live in Central Maine where it's spitting snow today! Yuk.I not a Winter person anymore cahttps://minicooperforums.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gifuse I had to give up snowmobiling because of a bad neck.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Hello and welcome.

Post up some pics of you Countryman.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Welcome to MINI Cooper Forums! Congratulations on your purchase. If you ever need anything be sure to let me know.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Hi there, I have a 2007 R56 and I have a couple of questions. About 2 weeks ago a message came on my GPS saying something like not to turn the engine off cause the steering wheel is locked. On the gauge above the steering wheel a Red light with a Lock/Steering wheel remains on all the time, it has thrown off the beep that goes off when you put the key into the ignition by beeping for about 8 times . My other question is, does driving the car on Sport Mode all the time from beginning til end of your dive do any damage to the transmission (auto)

Old 12-07-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by chatito2
Hi there, I have a 2007 R56 and I have a couple of questions. About 2 weeks ago a message came on my GPS saying something like not to turn the engine off cause the steering wheel is locked. On the gauge above the steering wheel a Red light with a Lock/Steering wheel remains on all the time, it has thrown off the beep that goes off when you put the key into the ignition by beeping for about 8 times . My other question is, does driving the car on Sport Mode all the time from beginning til end of your dive do any damage to the transmission (auto)
Hello! Do you have the ability to check and see if any fault codes are present? Check out this thread HERE for the fault you're receiving. Another here. Believe people had to replace the entire steering wheel column. First, test your battery as some people had this issue which resulted in a bad battery. If it ends out being the unit and you would like to purchase it, I can help you out. No, driving in sport mode will not do damage to your MINI.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by chatito2
Steering info here:

Major steering issue. Need experienced opinions. - North American Motoring

Red steering wheel lock on display - North American Motoring

Electric steering wheel lock malfunctioning - North American Motoring

Sport mode. No.