New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

New here, NO COOPER YET, research.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Default New here, NO COOPER YET, research.

Hi guys. New car guy here, as you can see by my sig, get around a bit. In my past 28 years of car adulthood I have had Fiat times, VW times, Nissan times, Ford times, etc...

A cooper. Why? I grew up part of my life in Spain, and a cooper (classic) was one of the first cars I ever drove. I friend of my Dad owned one. I know the current incarnation isn't that, I just have a soft spot for them. On top of that, modern engineering, cute car, power, what else could you want? Is just something I have to have.

Since they came out I know only a Cooper S will do for me. No convertible, no club wagon etc. Just a Cooper S.

So, since they have been out a few years, I am looking to purchase a used one to have some fun with. I don't mind some repairs, just not body work. I can do engines, trannys, suspension, etc but don't do body and paying for it is $$$.

Anyway, lots into cars. Love my Zs, my Expy is the cargo/space workhorse, the Fiat is not running these days, project in progress, and the motorcycle is just a fun toy to have.

Will be posting some questions, sorry for the newbieness in Mini-related things.

==