New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New JCW

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Default New JCW

I took delivery of a new JCW the last week of September after placing the order in early August. Salt Lake City was my closest dealer, but their delivery for a JCW was out to Jan. I called Denver and they were Feb. Called Phoenix and they wouldn't take any out-of-state orders. Finally called Vegas and they had one opening for a JCW (someone cancelled, I think).

So we were able to make a reasonable trade agreement over the phone and by e-mail and I spec'd out my car for a new build.

I've wanted a Mini since about '04, but never could get a deal going. Having driven a couple 'S's, I was sold on the handling and fun-to-drive aspect.

Let me tell you, the JCW delivers in spades!! It's like theirs a mini-V-8 pulling you along. As long as you're taching near 2,000 it pulls like a freight train in any gear. 60-100 happens very quick.

I ordered this car pretty loaded, and it has all the features one could ever want on any luxury car.

After leaving the dealer, I headed over to see Mike Rhodes at Las Vegas Paint Protection...... I heard about him on this thread and he is a true professional. The clear bra application was perfect and nearly invisible. The pieces are CNC cut to the car model and fit perfectly. I also had some tint added to the three rear windows. My highest recommendations if you're in the area.

But, bottom line is...........anyway you can get into a JCW........go for it. This is one sweet ride and, if I can borrow from the Ford ads........"returns the favor" every time you punch the start button.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Default John Cooper Works

I just ordered mine today! I never thought to consider ordering from the dealer who can get it the fastest. Gosh, I was looking for the best deal. Now I can't wait to get it. I don't even have an expected delivery date.
I suppose I should ask when they are actually going to place the order. You mentioned something about having a slot left, so I better ask, should I?

Tell me about your John Cooper Works... color, trim, interior, options?