New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mbr - About to pull trigger on 08S

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Default New Mbr - About to pull trigger on 08S

Aloha,

I'm looking at ordering an 08 MCS with the following:

Chili Red w/ white top - sport stripes
Prem Package
Sport Package w/ 17 inch spokes
Beige Leather
Driving Lamps - honestly only for the look
Auto Transmission

The car will start out as a daily driver for 6-9 months for my wife (I'll steal it whenever I can) and then will be a third car (maybe more of a daily driver for me thereafter - so fun to drive).

A few questions:

1. Do I need to upgrade the steering wheel to get the cruise control (did not check/ask at test drive)? Don't need it yet, but I live in Hawaii and will be moving to San Diego and expect that the cruise will be nice in to have in Cali.

2. I took a test drives with MCS with and without the Sport Package and with the Honolulu traffic and location of the dealership, it was tough to really feel a big difference. Any one with thoughts having driven under both w and w/out the Sport package? I enjoy the look of the rims (heard that they are quite heavy though), the streets here are rough - awful really and therefore found it tough to really tell the difference between the rides. I'm not looking for a smooth ride - I'm looking for the fun of driving the vehicle (but with Auto for my wife).

3. The Salesman at the dealer says that he has had complaints about keeping the beige leather clean - I'm a pretty clean person and take care of my vehicles, should this be a concern?

Thanks for your help!

Mahalo

LEW

Old 03-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Default RE: New Mbr - About to pull trigger on 08S

for your first question: Yes, you need the multifunction steering wheel to get cruse control.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:29 PM

I just bought an '08 MC S Convertible and I love nearly everything about it, except the ride on the Run Flat Continentals it came with ... I had it two days before I took it to my 'tire guy' and had him put a set of Michelin Pilots on it ... WHAT A DIFFEENCE! The ride is 100% more quiet and handles great. To compensate for not having the Run Flats and no spare, I bouht and am carrying in the trunk, a can of aerosol flat tire fix and a small DC compressor to fill the tire. I also belong to AAA, so worst case, I can get a two, if needed. Do yourself a favor and try to negotiate the Michelins in as part of the deal ... the Run Flats 'suck'!

Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by MrRTF
I just bought an '08 MC S Convertible and I love nearly everything about it, except the ride on the Run Flat Continentals it came with ... I had it two days before I took it to my 'tire guy' and had him put a set of Michelin Pilots on it ... WHAT A DIFFEENCE! The ride is 100% more quiet and handles great. To compensate for not having the Run Flats and no spare, I bouht and am carrying in the trunk, a can of aerosol flat tire fix and a small DC compressor to fill the tire. I also belong to AAA, so worst case, I can get a two, if needed. Do yourself a favor and try to negotiate the Michelins in as part of the deal ... the Run Flats 'suck'!
Yes, run flats have not worked out for me either. Non-run-flat Michelin PS2s are awesome!

-Jorge