New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Me Mini S

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Default New to Me Mini S

Hi!

I fell in love with the Mini when I watched Jason Bourne spank the Po-Po in Bourne Identity!

Today the dealer called and asked me to come in ... Parked in the bay was my New to Me 2005 Mini Cooper S with a 6 speed ... Woo Hoo!

Ok so I don't know all the nuances and there were a few buttons I wasn't sure about but man was she fun to drive. The Mini dealer gave it a clean bill of health and I did not note any signs of mechanical problems.

The car looks like it was kept in a bubble and I was told this Mini lived the life of a commuter. 80k miles on the odometer and she looks like a new car save two mall door dings.

I'm waiting on the wax and polish and hope to have my Mini home by the weekend. I am thinking if it hasn't happened yet then when will it happen? This Mini has a clean service history with some warranty work in it's first few years.

What should I expect related to maintenance and potential mechanical failure as the clock ticks toward 6 digits? This Mini will be my 60 mile per day commuter ... can I expect another 100k out of it with proper maintenance?

PS: Please reference the model crystal ball you are using to answer my questions!

Thanks for your input and opinions