New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 PM
jal
Default new member

Hi everyone:
I'm currently looking to learn about minis and possibly becoming an owner. I have need for a DD capable in the New England winters, but must be fun enough to replace an S2000 which I must part with ( too many cars). LOve to hear suggestions.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Default In my humble opinion...

Hi JAL,
I am also in the New England area, and wanted a car that would be able to handle winter driving to commute to work. I was initially concerned a MINI might be too small to be 'safe' (although I loved them). After looking seriously into Subaru Foresters and Outbacks (and wanting something less boring). I testdrove a MINI...and LOVED it! Nothing drives like a MINI to me; including in winter (although if the snow is too deep, the fun factor disappears for a while!)

Because I had heard about older models having some problems, I ordered a 2011 base model from the factory (through a dealer) with exactly the options I wanted in it (and for not too much more than what some sellers were asking for 2010s). I waited only a month before it was shipped to the dealer. I have a standard 6-speed tranny with some other extras that were important to me. (The Xenon headlamps with the adaptive controller are neat and continue the driving fun after dark). I am completely in love with my MINI, and highly recommend one. Given some of the problems people have mentioned on this site regarding older MINIs, I would suggest getting a 2011 model; which supposedly don't have the issues complained of with some of the older models.

Hope this helped. Cheers!