New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member, R56, hello!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 08:31 PM
Default New member, R56, hello!

Hi, just thought I’d introduce myself. I recently bought a 2013 Mini Cooper S and am loving it so far. It is a second car and I bought it with the expectation that it’ll need some work once in a while, but I’m hoping it won’t be a total money pit. I have been wrenching on motorcycles for years and consider myself to be somewhat competent mechanically, especially with a good shop manual (it’s on my shopping list), but have done relatively little work on my cars in the past. We’ll see how I adapt. First things on my list: it leaves oil spots on the driveway, so I’ll need to figure out where that’s coming from. I think the struts need replacing, it wants to jump into the next lane when you hit a pothole. New tires, and the rear passenger side has some abnormal wear, so need to figure that out. It’s coming up on 77k miles, so I assume a timing chain will be in my not too distant future. Otherwise, it’s a nice little car! Runs beautifully and a joy to drive, even with the bad struts.

By the way, speaking of struts, I’m trying to figure out whether I have the sport suspension or standard, so I can figure out which struts to order. I put my VIN in the decoder here and it says:

MacPherson independent front suspension
Multi-link rear suspension
Front/rear anti-sway bars
Performance suspension

Does “performance suspension” mean sport suspension package? Or does BMW just call all of the suspensions “performance suspension?” Thanks!

Old 07-05-2023, 03:40 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Hello,

Per vin it will same sport suspension and have a couple digits letter and numbers.

Post up the last 7 digits and i can help,

Old 07-08-2023, 04:24 PM

Thanks, I actually did figure it out, I do not have the sport suspension. Appreciate the offer though!

Old 07-10-2023, 10:21 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Ok, glad to help.