New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Cooper Owner SOCAL

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Red face New Mini Cooper Owner SOCAL

Greetings All! Just picked up my new Black 2010 Mini Clubman last week. It was sort of an impulse buy - I was test driving other cars all day and then sat in the Mini for the first time... WOW. I knew before the test drive. Unfortunately, my wife is not a fan and hates riding in it - it's my own fault because she wasn't with me when I purchased it. Plus I was dumb and got the "Mini Select" financing... the only select thing about the financing is... I was selected as a DUMB *** for agreeing to it. As much as I love the car, I actually tried returning it because my wife was so upset. They laughed at me... knew they would - but I had to try.

All of the drama aside, I LOVE the car. I'm having two issues they can't seem to resolve at the dealership: the alignment is out, and the fuse box cover won't stay on (passenger floor).

Anyway, hope you are all well and happy to be part of a forum for a car I probably won't be able to keep for very many years for fear of death by my wife's dagger eyes!! LOL !!

Drive Safe Everyone -

Old 10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Most states have a 7 day policy to back out of any contract you might need a lawyer to press the right buttons,
Both problems should be an easy fix they should be able to align it or find a bent part,
and the fuse cover is easily replaced assuming the catch is broken

Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM

Unfortunately in California you are HOSED unless it's written into the contract... for new vehicles. I was blinded by the shine of that chrome trim! I tried to return it on day 1, day 3, day 5, and day 7. No luck - I even offered to take a hit on my trade in value so they could still make some money... nothing. Although they did offer to buy it back for $8000 less than what I paid for it!! Wasn't that generous - I mean the car has a whopping 300 miles on it.

Lesson learned here - so sad.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Default Had a similar problem

When I bought my 2010 MC on a whim in July my wife wasn't very happy either although she was with me at the time. Slowly, I let her drive it a couple of times while I was at work. Now it seems that she drives it about 60-70% of the time and plans on getting her own soon. I can't believe your wife will not fall in love with the car if she gets to drive it some. Even though we both like it a lot and have already put more than 10,000 miles on it, I think my wife likes it better than I do. Lucky for me I still have my motorcycle. Good Luck.
Gary