New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Cooper S owner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Default New Mini Cooper S owner!

What's up everyone! just picked up my new Electric blue 2003 Cooper S with a cool 36,000 miles on it. Completely stock kept extremely clean, basically brand new!

I'm new to the Mini scene, my previous car was a 2001 Audi S4. Decided to get away from Audi for a while because it's such a money pit. Hoping my experience with the Mini will bring me less headaches. Overall I'm beyond ecstatic about my purchase (it's only been 3 days LOL) this car is a freaking god-sent from heaven in terms of it's handling OMG, just feels so tight and grounded, power is all there too!

I'm 6'4" and I feel like I have more room in the cooper than in my biggish 4 door audi, it's amazing.

Anyways, cutting to the chase, trying to keep it stock for the time being but have been doing some research on some tasty mods. First I saw the "one ball" exhaust trick, but that seems a little ghetto for me. Do want to get an Alta 15% reduction pulley, CAI, upgraded ignition system and a tune from my local shop EPL in Stratford, CT and I'm thinking of putting some stance on it. Basically wanting to get it as low as possible (some people Hate that I know) but i've seen some really interesting Mini's lately getting really low.

Thats all I can think of for now! I will continue to research... so excited to see what happens with the cooper next, and hopefully get some pictures posted soon too.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:45 AM

Congrats on your new Mini. I have had mine since the 3rd and like you am totally in love with the car, especially the handling and power.

I can't imagine lowering it. I'm 5'4" and for the first time in my life can reach half way across the roof. Lol

I wonder what lowering it would do to the active suspension the S models have.