New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.

New mini enthuasiast with a r53 hamann MINI

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 02:17 AM
Default New mini enthuasiast with a r53 hamann MINI

Good day ladies and gents !

I am one minute away from buying a r53 mini cooper s, 2004-10. It has quite high mileage bus is in good cindition in my eyes...100k miles is quite high for a mini, but oh well, the price is 4k euros... It's black, with hamann tuning including the 18 inch hamann alloys. Black, panoramic roof, navigation screen, leather seats, kardon audio system, xenon head lights. I am looking to invest as much as a 1000 euros for the peace of mind type of service, meaning i realy like to my cars mainatined before they fail.

Now what I need to know is what i should do first once i buy it ? Are there any weak spots or issues that need to be adressed to keep my mini experience stress free ? Any common faults ? The part i am most worried is supercharger...i am new to petrol cars and superchargers makes me freak out cuz i believe if they fail i am in lots of trouble.

Here is one photo of it. There is no rust, paint looks clean.
What oil I should use ? Do i need to check engine chain and something else ?

All information and help is most welcome. Thanks.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:43 PM

Welcome! It's always good to review the buyers guide: MINI R50/R53 Buyers Guide - MotoringFile.

I'd probably change all the fluids and check when the routine items have been replaced. Then we can look at what preventative maintenance can be done.