New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Mini's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Default New to Mini's

Picked up our Mini Convertible "S" a few days ago. Very pleased with the fit and finish overall.

Ordered Pepper White with a black top and 17" Crown spokes. They came with the sport package.
Selected black Leatherette interior with the anthracite dash. (Hate those airbag stickers !)

Also got the premium package. The Harmon Kardon sound system really rocks. Haven't used it with the Ipod but playing MP-3 CD's on the disc player. The headlights and fog lamps provide incredible illumination.

Handling is great with the Goodyear RS-A runflats.

We did not order the limited slip differential. Dealer said it was not necessary with the DSC. Not really sure it that was a good decision. Always get the LSD on my 4WD's. It was only 500 bucs x-tra. I quess time will tell !

Very quiet for convertible.

Glad we went with the "S". Plenty of power and the 6-speed is smooth. Clutch feels great.

I'll go with the Mini maintenance schedule.

Trying to keep the r's out of the red but it's difficult. I doubt if this motor really requires a lot of break in. Varying the highway speedand not lugging motor is most important to me.I haven'thit the WOT thru the gears and won't until at least 1200 miles. The synthetic oil from the factory tells me that this motor wants to be run.

I havedrove Toyota's for 20+ years. Both 4 and 6 cylinder models and all with 5 speeds except the 06 which had the alloy 6 cylinder and Auto trans. I broke them in the same way and after 200,000 or more miles never had any issues.

The Mini shares the garage space with two 4_Runners. They should get along fine.

What a different driving experience when you move from a 4WD SUV to somethinglike a MIni with all that great handling. We plan to use the Mini in the winter too except when the snowis really deep. Got the cold weather package with the heated seats and washer fluids.

First tank of fuel we got about 28 MPG.

Thunderhead