New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New From S.W. Florida

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Default New From S.W. Florida

Hello to All,

I have been watching this site for several weeks, and finally decided to jump in. I am planning to buy a Mini S Convertible, in about 2-3 months. Still looking at new vs used. Trying to decide what I 'need' vs 'want', and cross referencing what I can afford.
Debating Nav. system vs. later installed. Same for security system.

I have found through other forums, that these are the best sources for information, as some one has had experience with about any question one might come up with.

I am getting rid of a Chev. El Camino with a Turbo V-6 engine to get a Mini. Just hoping for a comparable driving experience.
Looking forward to 'Pickling' a few experienced brains here for my info.
Thanks.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:03 AM

Hi SamtheSham. Welcome aboard. Definitely when choosing a new ride there is that need and want list. You definitely want the S model and in manual. Just more fun to drive. Consider the years of the car also. Older convertibles have issues with the top going down so maybe consider a hardtop. Get one with the navi already installed. I've heard if you get an aftermarket one you still have to go to the dealership to sync it to your car. That sucks in my opinion.
When you get your Mini. Take it on your windiest road and hold on! A Mini will handle way more better than your El Camino. Good luck!

Old 02-15-2015, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the info. I will update as plans become reality. Likely will have to go with auto trans, as wife has never driven stick, and, "If Momma ain't happy....."
Don't want to mess up 29 + yrs.
If I go with a used, do not know if Nav. will be avail. Prefer factory unit, but would like to hear from any successful after market nav installs.
Thanks for reply.

Sam

Old 02-24-2015, 09:23 AM

Welcome to Mini Cooper Forums !