New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the sweetness that is a Mini!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Default New to the sweetness that is a Mini!

just got my 1st Mini it's an 02' S with low milage. Real peppy like!
I'm liken it A-lot..

I've been wanting the old Cooper since Seeing the movie "Some Kind Of Wonderful" When I was younger,and now could finally afford one!

I was floored when they released the newer Mini's and I feel they look great and I'm thankful for a more powerful engine and a bit bigger size helps with my non-anorexic self!

I was real happy to see they have been rally racing these cars since before I was born..

I have a few questions about is there anything I should pay attention too in the year I bought (02) any problems or things I should be aware of?

I've definitely been perusing the forums and I'm thankful for the info I've found.

Mostly I wanted to introduce myself to the forum...So hello all!

Old 08-11-2010, 04:48 PM

Welcome! I also bought a 02 mini last aug with low milage (3400!!) bargain of a lifetime, i like you had concerns about problems that might arise, so far there has been none. When i think back to the days i was a professional driver in London driving so called super car's and the time they spent in garages being repaired it makes me cringe!! Most cars can cause you grief be it a mini or a rolls royce. Enjoy you mini and again welcome to the club.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM

i just bought a 02 s monday 8/9/10 with 66000 on it and now its in the shop cause my fans arent turning on is this a normal problem with these or did i get a piece of junk? this is my first mini please help

Old 08-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Hi Pomp Man, check out mini uk on facebook,you will get the best advice available there. Look forward to seeing you on facebook.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Default Power steering issues?

Yeah I'm definitely having a power steering issue every now and then where it just cuts off and the steering gets really hard!

I'm still trying to get under the car and look to see if the power steering cooling fan is running or not? I will finally have time to check today.

I got it from a local dealer and they are going to take it in and do some looking under the hood and see if we can figure out exactly whats going on?

The dealer gave me a 30 day warranty so it all should be covered
Apparently from what I've read on here is that this seems to be a pretty common issue with the 1st generation?

I'm starting to wonder what I've gotten my self into,I'd be lying if I didn't say I still love this car!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:43 PM

BMW's are great cars, but can be finicky, and not so fun to service, but in the end I feel it's worth it, take care of it, and it'll last forever. Good luck!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 AM

Thanks guys I got to say I love it so far!! Even tho I'm having issues already..
It's just fun to drive and really cool with all the gadgetry..

Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 AM

Nice buy!

Be sure to share some photos of you and your sexy new mini