New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 06:09 PM
Default Pictures

Hello, just joined the forum and looking to see and learn more about my 2012 Mini Cooper S Countryman All4. I purchased the Mini for my commute which is a 100 miles a day. I’ve been using my Audi TTS and I’m at 102k miles so I’d like to preserve that car for the weekends. I’ve been looking around and found I cannot see any of the pictures in the posts. Do I need to raise my level of registration? Any way, looking forward to communicating with you all. Also I have 60k miles on the Mini and will be putting on 400+ miles a week.

cheers

Old 10-11-2021, 12:27 AM

Hi mate and welcome to mini life.keep a regular check on oil levels,only use good quality oil.change the oil and filter every 10,000 miles,use top octane fuel you can find,don't run the car low on fuel that causes the fuel pump to overheat and fail, would be worth changing the thermostat and gasket and the timing chain tensioner as a preventative maintenance issue,cheap to do and gives you piece of mind,check out YouTube for hidden features of your car.lots of good tips available,have a look at my post about blow off valve adaptor.cheap and not hard to do and gives a bit more fun to the car,should you want more performance you can have the ecu re mapped by a local tuning company at various stages to give you performance that will blow most cars away.any problems just post and you should be given help.people say they are money pits and unreliable.well all I can say is they must have purchased a car that has not been maintained.have fun you will now be a mini man for life