New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ringing in from Surprise, AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Default Ringing in from Surprise, AZ

Just went from a 97 dodge dakota to a 03 Mini Cooper S, and hopefully from 13mpg to 30ish....

Picking up the card from a dealership this afternoon, did I make a huge mistake?

There are so many reviews, going both ways, some say its expensive, some say no maintenance.. thats why I'm here!

Also just sold a sportbike a few weeks ago, so looking forward to having something to throw around some twisties on occasion.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:42 PM

I'm in Hereford with a 2006 Mini Cooper S JCW. Welcome, join the SCCA and come out for the Autocrosses.
Jim

Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 PM

Welcome from another newbie, in Tucson. I'm looking for other Mini owners around here too. Want to go out and play.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:58 AM

Got to take her up Yarnell last sunday... what a blast!!

I definitely hear some "rattling" noise coming from the SC... should I be looking for a new one?

I also bought a 2 year warranty on it, so maybe just run it in to the ground and have em replace all of it? lol you guys tell me.

Name:  HKMutl.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  zvhVfl.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  49.4 KB

Growing up I used to race CRX's, so I'm fairly accustomed to the small size, but man this thing is HEAVY as hell...

Also is there some sort of a boost retard in 1st gear? Has no get up n go unless im in 3nd or higher.