New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon 2 b new owner from Tampa !

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Default Soon 2 b new owner from Tampa !

Hi, I'm Max and I have admired Mini's for a long time. I was into Japan imports for most of my life. I (and my little girl) have made it through a really tough time in my life and I wanted to celebrate by getting a new car (Have not had one of my own for three years) So out of habit I immediately started looking at the Import and tuning Mags... First stop Honda they have a new gen Civic Si out.... Yes the technology package they offer is pretty cool, tuning potential is there but the car is so Blah so Boring ! The availability is so limited that I couldn't even test drive one. And well... I just wasn't feeling it. When I went to look the salesman said I was to old for a sports car and tried to talk me in to a hybrid ! Jesus ! So checked out Mazda the speed3 was fast sure but it's a sled ! Handles like a 72 Camaro (Yuk !) and there is not much customization on the speed3's which is a big factor with me. Subaru ... Nope not a big fan. Nissan only has good two seat cars. Scion ? Well those are for kids I must admit. So I was out with my daughter in the car I'm kind of renting from my friend (he fell on hard times and I'm making his car payments) just thinking I don't really know what to do. My little girl was in the back seat bopping to the radio( she knows we are looking for our own car and is very excited.) Then I hear a shriek "Daddy Daddy ! Whats that car I love it !!" I look over and there was a Mini Copper Hard Top. Oh that it's a Mini Coopers they are cool.. "Are they fast poppa ?" Well yes my friend Lance had one and he always said it was the fastest car he ever owned (He drove a Lotus when he said that to me by the way) "Why don't you look at those huh Daddy ?" I thought why not ? I have always admired them. So I did look and They had EVERYTHING I was looking for ! Turbo, Handling (The test drive was GREAT!), a technology package that rivals (& beats)top luxury cars, complete total customization, compact size, (the Clubman is just right for the both of us) killer good looks and this kind of Rebel quirky quality and community that I love ! It's just so me esp at this point of my life. So here I am for advice and hopefully meet new friends ! I'm glad to be here ! lol