New Member Area New to MCF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Technical questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:38 AM
Default Technical questions

I have a used 2003 that is new to me, but it came without the user's manual.
I have no idea how to do things like:

open the trunk without the keyfob?
how to use the "dsc" switch?
what the button infront of the handbrake is?
and probably lots of other things that they explain in the user's manual.

Anyone feel like being helpful?

Old 01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Default RE: Technical questions

There is no trunk but, to open the boot you just pull up on the handle below the MINI wings on the back... it's an electric thing, not a mechanical handle.

The DSC has two options... on and off. There's a yellow light on the tach (maybe speedo, not sure) that will come on when you turn it off.

Button in front of the ebrake is the mirror adjustment on mine. There's a flat tire sensor reset arond there somewhere too that might be what you're talking about.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:46 PM

Hi Maat333.
Let's start with the basics. Do you know what DSC is? Dynamic Stability Control. An advanced, computer controlled version of electronic skid control. From the factory, DSC is by default always on. The switch lets you turn it off whenever you deem it necessary.
Boot (trunk) operation: can be unlocked with the fob, or by hitting the door lock switch in the center stack.
I think the button you are referring to is the flat tire monitor reset button. This is on the front of the e-brake console.
Check E-bay for manuals for sale, if you don't want to pay dealer prices.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:10 PM

That's not too basic... if you look it up online in google or your manual it will explain. It's basically a way the car can disobey physics... to a degree...

helps with over braking and steering ECT.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:52 AM

I'm in the same boat, I just purchased a 05 mini cooper S without a owners manual.Actually I have the radio booklet, dealership locator...etc.I figured out what the DSC and other buttons do. Except for the button on the dash to the left of the center gauge (mines the oil,gas &temp)

I found a few on ebay that I might purchase but they're the complete manual.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Can't you download them from mini usa???

Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Hello Everyone I’m new this forum and I just opened up a Dismantler shop in Southern California. I decided to specialize in MINI Coopers since there so compact and easy to learn compared to other cars. I’ve filled my warehouse full of MINI parts “original” MINI parts. I’ve got everything from Front end parts, rear ends, quarter panels, engines transmissions, tag axles, struts, springs, headlights, taillights, radios, CD players, air bags, turbochargers, superchargers, intercoolers, floor mats, navigation systems, speedometers, technometers, control arms, struts, drive axles, front and rear seats in leather, leatherette, and cloth, ABS units, throttle bodys, air flow meters, and etc. Call me Tim at 818-768-4800 if you got any questions regarding any part.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:10 PM

Do you have any owner manuals?

Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry buddy havent got a hold on any owener manuals yet. I buy the cars from auctions and it seems like the previous owner takes it or they removed it before it hits the auctions. Hopefully Ill get my hands on some in the coming weeks.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:37 AM

Hi,

I have a 2014 Mini Cooper S and yesterday I was putting the sun shade on the dash and I was moving the rear view mirror up so the shade would fit under the mirror and a metal ring popped out from behind the mirror so now the mirror just flops around. How do you take the mirror off to get the ring back on and once you get the ring back on it compresses the part where the ring goes on which keeps it tight on the metal ball the mirror fits on so it's going to make it difficult to put the mirror back on . Please help!!!

Quick Reply: Technical questions