Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums

Mini Cooper Forums - Mini Cooper Enthusiast Forums (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   worst forum iv ever been on (https://minicooperforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/worst-forum-iv-ever-been-5765/)

nismo 09-21-2012 07:00 PM

worst forum iv ever been on

LMAO....just join"d this forum..wont be on here very often...nobody responds to anything look at all the post with no responses.
WAKE UP PEOPLE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TurnMarshal 09-29-2012 08:51 PM

????????

I just joined this forum, and there are a lot of views. Did you ask a question?

AussieBoyInDenver 10-06-2012 10:38 AM

Might want to adjust your date filter

You see more threads that way. LOL

OFDPOS 10-07-2012 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by AussieBoyInDenver (Post 15139)
You see more threads that way. LOL

Same here had lurked here a few times and could only see a few posts per forum, thought maybe I had to join to see the posts.
So I joined up.
Adjusted all the way to a year back , lots of questions , lots of looky loos but no replies ?
Yea if your an old timer the newbie questions get old quick, BUT remember when you first joined you were a newbie too...

Chiggens 10-07-2012 04:47 PM

aw too bad its not busier :(

rand49er 11-06-2012 01:10 PM

I'm a member of over a dozen forums, but I'm on one forum 99% of the time, and it's wonderful with guys from all over chiming in all the time and going to great lengths to help each other.

Sorry to say, the OP has a point. I mean, where are all the older threads? Before I buy a Mini, I want to know a bunch about the car, and I thought this would be the place. So far, it's just a bunch of noobs like me asking questions with little if any knowledge being shared by the oldtimers.

PelicanParts.com 11-07-2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by rand49er (Post 15287)
I'm a member of over a dozen forums, but I'm on one forum 99% of the time, and it's wonderful with guys from all over chiming in all the time and going to great lengths to help each other.

Sorry to say, the OP has a point. I mean, where are all the older threads? Before I buy a Mini, I want to know a bunch about the car, and I thought this would be the place. So far, it's just a bunch of noobs like me asking questions with little if any knowledge being shared by the oldtimers.

Have you sorted by older post dates at the bottom of a selected forum section?

AussieBoyInDenver 11-08-2012 05:11 PM

I subsribe to this, so if you have a question I see it

I subsribe to this, so if you have a question I see it. Ask away :)

TurnMarshal 11-21-2012 07:19 PM

Performance chips and front tire replacement

1) I've never driven a Mini Cooper and I just bought a 2009 base. I saw an ad for a GForce performance chip that purports to increase performance and MPG? I don't have a supercharger, and I want more torque. Is a performance chip a viable method for performance, or are there many evil side effects with changing the stock chip?

2) With all my other FWD cars, I put high performance tires (195 V60-15). The 195's will fit on the standard mags on the front wheels, but leave the standard ContiPro 175/65-15 on the rear. Will this upset the balance of the Mini Cooper, and throw off the computer management system?

bad venge 11-22-2012 02:51 PM

The G force is JUNK I've heard nothing but troubles with this chip ,
The only one that I've heard good things is the sprint booster
MINI Cooper Sprint Booster MINI Clubman

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecal...?action=submit

using this if you swap all four tires you should be fine

swapping only two will cause traction/ABS troubles

TurnMarshal 11-23-2012 09:26 PM

Thanx, I'll have to save more $$$$ and change all four.

AussieBoyInDenver 11-25-2012 12:05 PM

Apart from mixing tires which will give somewhat unpredictable results, the stability control system takes each tire's traction into account, as it would if all the tires were the same but on differing surfaces (like combinations of gravel, wet, ice and tar).

However, mixing tires means that when you are pushing the limits and by necessity you turn off one or more of the management capabilities, differing tires will create unpredicatable results.

If the car is designed for the same tires for all four corners you should heed the engineer/designers principles. In some cars like Ferraris and Lasmbos, you might see different width tires, but not normaly differing compound or brands of tires.