Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

3hrs old and i broke it

Old 06-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Default 3hrs old and i broke it

Well people.. Thursday nite i picked up my S and put the rims on at my shop before i left with it.....So i went for a lil ride and drove home....I got my gurl n we went for a ride to the beach cuz the highway is pretty loooong n str8 down there.....So right after leaving the house i noticed it was gettin foggy out ( time to test out the rear fog ) ....By the time i got over teh brige to Ocean Parkway ( the name of the parkway that runs the bottom half part of Long Island towards the city where the beaches are ) you couldnt see more than 30ft in front of you....So im like,"speedracer time of coarse" cuz im retarded!.....so as my gurl is beating my arm to death cuz were goin over a buck at times we stopped at the beach to look at the pimp Mini but she was cold so we were off again.....Back the other way to me casa......when i got back into town i decided to jump on alil ( riiiight ) ....well after launchin it alil and hit 2nd hard at only 4500 i hear a huge CLUNK ( metal on metal ) and i was like, WTF.....bugged for a second as my gurl looks at my and sayz " wut the hell was that"?.....i had no clue and headed home as i heard or felt nothing wrong after the noise....so i brought the car in on friday morning when i got to work to look at and they found that the Dual Mass Flywheel happend to let go i guess and didnt hold up to my foot to well.....so of coarse being i work for Mini, its covered and will be fixed this week ( even though the car feels fine ) and even found out they have been having problems with this ( and knew it was gonna happen cuz they have a special flywheel on hand to upgrade this issue)....oh yea...i wasnt supossed to tell anyone that so mums the word!...lol.....so we'll see how the next one holds up.....B

Old 06-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Default RE: 3hrs old and i broke it

That sucks man, sorry to hear!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:16 AM

Its kewl......Just a minor set back but is easy fixable while im at work one day.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:45 PM

Good luck, and I hope your new one holds up longer than just 3hours.... [:@].

Old 06-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Administrator

hey.its kind of like free perf parts! [8D]

Old 06-14-2005, 10:30 PM

pretty much!

Old 06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Administrator

any word on whether it damaged anything else?

Old 06-16-2005, 08:42 AM

for god sake...thats damn pity[:@]

i had a bad story with my cooper too..

it was the last november that i bought the car......after a couple of days something terrible happened....

i was driving to my house with my girl and a sudden rain got me...[sm=badbadbad.gif]

it was raining hard and it was almost midnight...the road to my house was not good...as i was driving i saw waters coming in my side......the result...my engine took water from the front hole that the air is coming in....and broke down...[:@][:'(][:@]...all these waters ,flood the certain part of the road, because two big piles had wiped out and the road had big holes full of water getting my car lower to the ground...giving the same time the opportunity for the waters to ride the front part of my mini........[]

but i got new engine after that ....and for my luck till now my Cooper rocks!!

Old 06-16-2005, 08:17 PM

As of right now...No.....There just putting in a flyhweel and clutch.
ORIGINAL: Patrick

any word on whether it damaged anything else?

Old 06-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Administrator

well, thats good...ive seen all sorts of things break stemming from trans issues..[:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3hrs old and i broke it