Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Looking At Coopers Tomorrow + Haggling..

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Default Looking At Coopers Tomorrow + Haggling..

Hi All,

Going with a friend tomorrow to look at Mini Coopers, shes looking to trade in her Ford KA and get about an 04 plate Mini Cooper (not the S) for about 7k

I’ll search the forum a little later for common faults and a buying guide to see what I can find

So far I’ve heard some problems could be that the windows can sometimes be a problem and not go up properly… that they sometimes pull to the left under braking…. That the drivers seat fixtures can be a problem…

Anyway Haggling on price
Now I’m used to haggling a fair bit anyway, not long been back from HongKong and haggling on the markets lol, but I’ve normally bought cars from private sellers and only up to a value of about 5k where as she’ll be getting it from a garage… not a main dealer though.

So far at one place she was offered £300 for her ka, it only has 1 months mot left on it so trading it in would be easier instead of getting it through as it’s a bit rusty and an R reg. Although privately with 12 months mot it would go for about £600

Probably not much point haggling over the trade in price of that is there…? I think she’d be fairly happy with £300 because it needs tax and Mot next month.

Anyway haggling on the Mini if she finds one she likes, we’re going to see 3 I think.

If its up for about £7500 how low would you normally start to haggle at, I think the Mini’s hold their values quite well and not really up to speed on how the market is at the moment, some garages aren’t really struggling that badly are they……?

Cheers
Dave

Old 08-03-2009, 07:00 AM

Have you bought the car? Post some pics of it.